Mage Titans, from the very beginning, followed strong and clear core principles:
- To promote connection, collaboration, and communication among the Magento community.
- To encourage self-improvement.
- To create a fertile ground for exploratory discussions with Magento experts.
- To make the world a better place to live by giving back through charitable projects
As probably you’ve seen these days, our menu for your mind is getting more and more rich every day. It is enough to follow the growth of our line-up, so far with Magento Masters like Jisse Reitsma, Sander Mangel, Carmen Bremen but also some up-and-coming with really interesting topics like Qamadness with Automated Testing, John Hughes with Bluefoot or Maria Kern with Ui components.
As per your body, we’ve covered that as well with someone that shares our same level of passion but in a different field: meet your chef Giorgio Gramegna.
But what about the soul? What would you say if, by participating to Mage Titans Italy, you would plant a tree that helps both nature and the community around it?
We are really proud to present this edition project: Treedom with the Haiti Project
Treedom is the only online platform in the world where you can have someone plant a tree for you and then follow it online. Every tree is geo-localized and photographed and has its online page, it can be kept or virtually gifted to others.
Treedom combines its social and environmental missions with projects of reforestation in rural communities of Africa, Latin America and Italy.
Projects are created in the first person by locals (small farmer cooperatives) who receive a financial contribution for the tree planting. By engaging the entire local community, the projects lead to the achievement of extraordinary results in terms of empowerment of the community itself.
All products deriving from trees remain available for farmers and cooperatives who receive training, jobs, and income thanks to Treedom.
So far, Treedom has planted more than 330,000 trees across Cameroon, Senegal, Malawi, Haiti, Argentina, Kenya, Burkina Faso and Italy allowing to:
- increase CO2 offset, in order to fight climate change and the extreme consequences of the greenhouse effect.
- fight deforestation and environmental damage.
- support the preservation of biodiversity.
- contrast soil erosion and desertification.
- improve soil fertility.
Learn more about Treedom and come to take your tree!